Is Jumping Rope Good Cardio?
Is jumping rope good cardio? NOPE. It’s AWESOME cardio!
Jumping rope is among the most effective and breathtaking methods to burn off calories, making it an extremely efficient means to burn fat and slim down in a hurry. It is an incredible workout.
Jump roping can be done in a comparatively compact six foot by ten foot area giving workout warriors the ability to jump rope in a rural, suburban, or urban setting without problem.
Folks who’d rather exercise without the distractions of other people around will find it very easy to do so, but this exercise also enables those who like to exercise with others the ability to do just that. You can find a ton parks, beaches and other public places that allow jumping rope and it won’t get in people’s way because you need so little space to work up a major sweat.
Even though it can’t be called low-impact cardio, jumping rope is great cardio. It may be seen an extreme work out because of the high intensity needed. That intensity is just what your body needs and it will boost your heart rate and is not bad for the heart according to respected medical professionals.
It strengthens your heart and body. Jumping rope easily burns off over 2 times as many calories as walking does.
Is Jumping Rope Good Cardio For Weight Loss?
Yes, jumping rope allows you to burn off a significant number of calories in a relatively brief sessions of working out.
How Many Calories Can I Burn?
450 calories is not bad for thirty minutes of exercise.
How To Get Started With Jump Rope Cardio
The first thing you’ll have to do is borrow or buy a workout jump rope. The finest jump ropes for cardio exercising are the plastic kind, they swing comparatively easy and in a
more uniform manner than rope material jump ropes.
After you have your jump rope, find a place to do your jump rope routines and beginning jump roping your way to sexy and lean body.
Initially you’ll need to find out how long you can continuously jump rope without stopping, set a goal of 15 minutes non-stop.
Sound impossible? You already know you’d pass out before reaching 15 minutes? Lol, OK.
Well then, jump rope for as long as humanly possibly and stop for a 1-minute break, do this 3 times if you’re unable to jump for 15 minutes straight.
This way you’ll be able to build up your stamina for longer and longer fat-burning jump roping sessions. When you can jump rope for 15 minutes straight, then obviously you do not have to follow this advice.
Keep With Your Rope Jumping Exercises
It’s very important to switch up your exercise routine. Yes, jumping rope is good cardio but don’t jump rope as your only exercise, if you do, you will get bored easily and likely stop, or your body will get used to it, adapt and you’ll not lose the weight you are hoping to drop.
Change things up, jump rope one day and the following day walk or run, there are tons of great cardio workouts out there. Swim one day or do jumping jacks and calisthenics after which you can get back to jump roping. Select other exercises, mix jump roping in with them and enjoy.
The most important thing to remember in slimming down and getting a sexy body is to just to be active, if you are not able to exercise like an all-out BEAST, then eat right and try to exercise for at least half an hour every day. You’ll will still benefit greatly.
Jump Roping Cardio Tips
- Locate a Good Jumping Surface to Jump On: Wood is the best type of surface to jump on because it’s most easy on the knees, it is not recommended to jump rope on cement surface, you can really tear your knees up that way. Cement is too hard and has no “give” to it, stay away.
- Set Goals: Establish goals when losing weight of how much you want to lose. Begin with a modest monthly goal, subsequently move onto the bigger picture.
- Always Wear Shoes: Your shoes will absorb some of the impact from jumping and help from enduring the total pressure of constantly jumping off the earth to relieve your joints. The only exception is if your are jumping rope at the beach in the sand.
- Make Sure You’re Healthy First: If you are significantly overweight, clear your jump roping activities with your physician before starting.
- Jump on The Balls of Your Feet: It helps your body absorb the landing better and gives you a better and more consistent jump from the ground.
- Use the Right Jump Rope Length for Your Body: Using a jump rope that is too short can cause you to trip and BUST YOUR FACE WIDE OPEN. Ummm, you don’t want that. Using a jump rope that is too long will cause the rope too slap the ground to hard and slow your jumps.
Stay In Touch
So, is jumping rope good cardio for you? I’m sure it is. We would love for you to let us know how your jump rope cardio sessions are working out for you. So drop us a line on our Contact Page after 4 or 5 workouts and let us know how good is jumping rope good cardio for you personally. I may even put your comments in a related article to help others.